Advanced: Using the Geo script for Google Docs
After you’ve installed this Geo script in Google Spreadsheets, you can use the MapQuest Nominatim or Yahoo PlaceFinder services to get geocodes for your addresses.
- Export spreadsheet data to GeoJSON Any spreadsheet with geocodes (longitude and latitude coordinates) can be exported to a TileMill-ready file. After exporting, just copy the GeoJSON file to your TileMill/files/data directory.
- Copy the source of mapbox.js
- Open your spreadsheet and goto tools &> script editor
- Replace the content in the text box with the copied source from mapbox.js
- Set the name of this script to geo
- Go to file &> save and close the popup window
- Refresh your spreadsheet and you will see a new menu called Geo added after Help on the menu bar